GMARC EchoLink Usage Policy
GMARC EchoLink® Usage
Internet linking via EchoLink® is a very powerful tool which can be abused if not used properly. It is much like using a phone patch.
EchoLink® is available 6:00 AM to 12:00 Midnight ET (Local Time). Repeater users who initiate Internet Linking are expected to follow these rules:
- Listen for an ongoing conversation before accessing links
- Identify before accessing links. You may announce your station one time upon connecting to Node 99846.
- Make sure you are full quieting.
- Pause 1 second after pressing the PTT before speaking
- Pause 3 seconds between all transmissions
- Do not engage EchoLink® when a local conversation is active, unless all are participants.
- Always drop the link when done by entering “##” – make sure you hear the disconnect announcement!
- Please know to whom you are connecting – Only attempt to connect to registered node numbers.
- Limit EchoLink® Internet use to 3 link connection attempts per day per user.
Users connecting to our repeater from other nodes are also expected to follow these rules:
Thank you for being an informed and courteous user.
For more information and an introduction to EchoLink, click here: http://www.echolink.org/
To check for Current Logins, click here: http://www.echolink.org/logins.jsp
Approved: 16-Jan-2006 by GMARC Membership